Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The 7 Day Challenge: Day 7

Today is the final day of The 7 Day Challenge by Jodi and Julie at Food Storage Made Easy. This is the only one I know I can do. Despite the fact that I went into these last seven days feeling pretty good about my efforts to be ready for disasters, the challenges exposed gaping holes in my preparations.

Initially, I was upset with myself over it. But then I realized what a blessing these challenges have been. Better to find the gaps in my emergency plan now when it's only a test, than when it's a real emergency.



Today you felt a prompting to do an act of service for someone in need. A dear friend is really struggling and it would be very helpful if you brought him/her a meal or a special treat. You have a super busy day with no time to run to the store, but you still want to make something NICE.
Goal: Have a go-to meal or treat on hand for “emergency” acts of service

Today’s Tasks:
  • Cook either a full dinner or a special treat for someone in need (be prayerful/thoughtful about this and really try to find someone you can do this for)
  • Use only ingredients from your food storage
  • Make a list of 2 meals and 2 treats that you can always create from your storage that would be nice enough to give to another family. Make sure you keep the ingredients on hand for them (add to your report card if necessary)
  • Once you have performed your “act of service” you are DONE with the challenge!
  • Compile all your report cards from the week into a master list of things to do, learn, and buy (use our master plan outline to help guide you)

No comments:

Post a Comment