Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Swiss Chard Soup

Occasionally, I will have guest contributors to this blog. I've asked people from all walks of life to share their experiences, projects and recipes with you.

This morning, I'm honored to introduce my very first guest contributor....my Mom! Yay, Mom!

Mom tried a new food and a new recipe at the local farmer's market.


FROM MOM:

"I read about you planting Swiss Chard, and want to tell you about how I found a good recipe for Swiss Chard Soup.

"At our local Farmers' Market a man had a booth where he was cooking this soup, and was giving free samples of it, with the recipe. The soup tasted delicious, so I bought a bunch of Swiss Chard, which I had never eaten before. I had the other ingredients at home, so I made a pot of the soup, and shared some with my next-door neighbors. The soup is similar to Wedding Soup.
"
Here is the recipe:

SWISS CHARD SOUP


3 cups small pasta
4 cups chicken broth, with 4 cups water
4 cups chopped Swiss Chard, stems included
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tbsp pepper
3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Bring broth and water to a boil. Add all the ingredients, except for the cheese.
Reduce heat, and simmer until pasta is cooked.
Serve in a bowl, adding two Tbsp cheese to each serving.
Makes about 6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment