Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Necessity is the Mother of Invention

I'll readily admit it. Our horse poop disposal system leaves an awful lot to be desired. Until we can build compost bins, we are putting the poop into the trash dumpster. 

Every day we scoop a few hundred pounds of it, then have to shovel it into the dumpster. It's hard work. Of course for the first time in my life I'm developing biceps and decent shoulder muscles! However, it's a giant pain in the butt to have to shovel it all into the dumpster.

Last week, G.W. had a brilliant idea. Brilliant I tell ya!

He backs his pickup truck up to the bank beside the driveway....


He gets the open tailgate up close to the bank.....


...then rolls the muck cart into the bed of the truck.





Then he backs the truck right up against the dumpster....


...and tips the muck cart into it.




It only takes about 4 minutes for the entire process! Much, much easier than all the shoveling!  I knew I married a smart, innovative guy and this is only the latest proof of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment