Thursday, December 20, 2012

Blizzard

Winter in the Rocky Mountains can  get exciting sometimes. Yesterday was one of those times. We had a bit of a blizzard come through.

The snow started at daybreak and the wind was howling!

I put blankets on the horses. I don't blanket them unless it's going to snow a lot. It's hard to stay warm when you're wet.  The Boys don't mind the blankets or the process of putting them on. 




They hung out on the lee side of the barn, out of the wind.


We got 10" of snow, but it drifted a lot deeper in places.


In the photo below, that's a 100-gallon stock tank, to give you an idea of the size of the drift next to it.

And look what's still standing, despite 50mph blizzard winds! I wonder if the lettuce and spinach are OK? I'll be peeking in there on Christmas Day.  Cross your fingers that I can pick a salad!

By early evening, the blizzard was over. We got lucky it wasn't worse!


The Boys played like kids home from school on a snow day.



I hope this video uploads OK!

                                       

Doesn't Kipp look sharp in his turquoise blanket?

Well, g'night all. Stay warm and dry!











No comments:

Post a Comment