Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Snow. Again. On May 1st!

I'd commented in a previous post that around here, spring is a fickle thing. Boy howdy is that a true statement! Two days ago it was in the 70's and beautifully sunny.

Today.....


No, I'm not teasing you and posting a photo from January. 

This is for real, happening now on May 1.

And look what I caught on film!  I've never seen a hummingbird in the snow before. I'll bet this little guy wishes he waited a few weeks before heading north!


When I saw him out there, I whipped up a fresh batch of sugar water and put it out for him while it was still slightly warm.


Crazy, huh? 



At this rate, I'll be planting my tomatoes outside sometime in July. Heavens! My growing season is probably 15 days long!

It's not a Hoop House, it's an igloo! It wouldn't surprise me one bit to wake up tomorrow and see penguins in my garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment