Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Help for the Hoop House

Here is what I have added to the hoop house to (hopefully) keep it from getting crushed under the weight of the next snow. And that next snow is supposed to be here this coming weekend!

I put in three vertical supports to help strengthen the hoops.


I slipped a T-joint onto each of the three hoops, then put another section of PVC pipe through the joint and down into the raised bed.

                             

The snow storm that's predicted to arrive this weekend is supposed to bring a half foot of snow, low temps in the single digits and below zero wind chills.  I'll let you know how my little hoop house holds up!

Oh, I peeked under the mulch on the garlic bed....everything seems to be fine. Some of the shoots are several inches high.



No comments:

Post a Comment