Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Blackboard Paint

My dining room has a large south-facing window that is perfect for keeping a few pots of herbs going throughout the winter. I wanted to use terracotta pots since they are inexpensive and I like the rustic look. Plus, I had an idea for dressing the pots up just a little.

I found blackboard paint. Pretty cool stuff. Paint it on just about any surface and once it's dry, you have a surface like a chalkboard.


I painted the outside of a few plain old terracotta pots...


...and voila! They were transformed into something that looked like it came from Williams Sonoma!


Not bad for a couple bucks worth of paint and cheap clay pots!






1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea cousin! The simplicity is right on. Thanks for a great idea, I think we all have a ton of unused pots just hanging around the garage and basement just waiting for improvement. Susan

    ReplyDelete